Members of EMIAC:
- Derbyshire Archaeology Society - www.derbyshireas.org.uk
- Leicestershire Industrial History Society - www.lihs.org.uk
- North-East Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology Society - www.nedias.co.uk
- Railway & Canal Historical Society – East Midlands Group - rchs.org.uk
- Society for Lincolnshire History & Archaeology - www.slha.org.uk/groups
- Northamptonshire Record Office - www.northamptonshire
- Irchester Narrow Gauge Railway Museum - www.irchesterrailway
- Northamptonshire Heritage (Home page) - www.northamptonshire
- Northamptonshire Heritage (Links to societies) - www.northamptonshire
heritage.co.uk /visit-and-enjoy /Pages /local-heritage-websites.aspx
- Towcester & District Local History Society - www.mkheritage.co.uk
- The Canal Museum, Stoke Bruerne
- www.thewaterways trust.org.uk/ museums/stoke.shtml
- Northamptonshire Archaeological Society - www.northants-archaeology.org.uk
- Northampton Society of Model Engineers - www.nsme.co.uk
- Rushden & District History Society Research Group - www.rushden
- Burton Latimer Heritage Society - www.burtonlatimer.info
- Harrington Aviation Museum - www.harrington
- Sywell Aviation Museum - www.sywell
- Lincolnshire Film Archive - www.lincsfilm.co.uk
- Nottinghamshire Industrial Archaeology Society - www.rod.sladen
- Peak District Mines Historical Society - www.pdmhs.com
- Peak District Minining Museum - www.peakmines.co.uk
- Swannington Heritage Trust - www.swannington-heritage.co.uk
- Chasewater Railway Museum - www.chasewaterrailway.co.uk
- Media Archive for Central England (MACE) - www.macearchive.org
- Buckingham Canal Society - www.buckinghamcanal.org.uk
- Association for Industrial Archaeology - www.industrial-archaeology.org
- Council for British Archaeology - www.britarch.ac.uk
- The Newcomen Society - www.newcomen.com
- The Railway & Canal Historical Society - www.rchs.org.uk
- National Waterways Museum, Stoke Bruerne - www.nwm.org.uk/stoke
- English Heritage - www.english-heritage.org.uk
- Cadw (Welsh Heritage) - cadw.wales.gov.uk
- Scottish Heritage - www.historic-scotland.gov.uk
- The British Postal Museum & Archive - www.postalheritage.org.uk
- Network Rail online archive - www.networkrail.co.uk
- Canal & River Trust - canalrivertrust.org.uk
- IanVisits - www.ianvisits.co.uk
/blog - for articles on buildings and transport.
- Britain from above - www.britainfrom
above.org.uk - presents the unique Aerofilms collection of aerial photographs from 1919-1953.
- Britain from the Air - www.britainfrom
theair.com - the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)'s collections-based work.
- Images of England - www.imagesofengland.org.uk
- over 300,000 images of England’s built heritage.
- Irthlingborough iron ore mines - www.apack1.co.uk - Alan Pack's history of the mines.
- Burton Unions - www.marstonspedigree.co.uk
/ScienceofBrewing /burtonUnions.aspx - a description of this unique method of brewing beer.
- Royal Gunpowder Mills - www.royalgunpowder
mills.com - the history of the gunpowder mills. And much more!
- Carpetbagger Aviation Museum - harringtonmuseum.org.uk
/Carpetbagger MuseumHomePage.htm - history of the site.
- Moira Furnace Museum - www.visitnational
forest.co.uk /view /?id=Moira-Furnace - history of the site.
- Chasewater Railway - www.chasewater
railway.co.uk/ - link to the railway activities and the museum.
- Chester Farm, Northants - www.northamptonshire
.gov.uk /en /councilservices /Community /archives /chester-farm /Pages /default.aspx - link to the County Council's page on Chester Farm.
- Messenger & Co Ltd -
www.reprintuk.com /books /messenger_sales _brochure - a 1903 sales brochure for greenhouse fittings.
- Southam cement works - www.warwickshire
railways.com /misc /southam-cement.htm - provides a brief history.
- Railway maps - www.railmaponline.com
/UKIEMap.php - provides online maps of the rail network at various scales.
- Frogmore Paper Mill - www.thepapertrail.org.uk - the world's first commercial continuous sheet paper-making machine.
- Leighton Buzzard Railway - www.buzzrail.co.uk - the story of sand extraction and a narrow gauge (2 ft) line still in use.
- Intriguing History - www.intriguing-history.com
/northampton-first-cotton-spinning-mill - a general history site with series of entries on the industrial inventions and innovation and the industrial revolution.
- Sites used for military purposes - www.harrington
museum.org.uk /wp-content /uploads /2017 /03 /premises-sites-etc- within-30-miles-of- harrington-museum-28.03.17.pdf - a list of sites used for military purposes.
- Dental archaeology - dentalassociatesnova.com
/dental-offices /alexandria-dentists /archaeology-and-dental-bioarchaeology - this site provides links to techniques used in archaeology. Note it is an American commercial site.
Please note: Although checked at the time of writing, NIAG cannot be held responsible for the validity of these links nor the integrity of the sites.