For index of back issues, click here.
A quarterly newsletter keeps members informed of events and news. Recent back issues of the Newsletter are available to read as PDF files.
Select the issue of interest from the list below to see its contents. Then follow the links to download the selected issue.
Note: file sizes are about 1 MByte and may take a few seconds to appear depending on your broadband speed.
Click on the year, then the required issue, from the list below.
Issue 143, Summer 2017
- BALH Newsletter of the Year Award
- EMIAC at Lincoln - November 2016
- Winter Talks 2016/17:
- Textile manufacturing in 18th century Northampton or Chuck out the Chintz
- Foxton Locks and the Inclined Plane
- A Trip down Memory Lane
- Members' Evening
- Delapre Abbey
- Miscellany of Items of Interest:
- Gotthard Tunnel: The world's longest and deepest rail tunnel opens in Switzerland
- The world's longest rail tunnel begins reguular service in Switzerland
- Norway to build first tunnel for shipping
- Thames to get a £5bn car tunnel
- Full steam ahead for Tornado
- News from around the County
- Loss of Wellingborough railway bridge
- Sixty years on, slate miners return to roof their village
- The demise of Oliver Adams, Bakers after 150 years
- Ironmonger twins to close workshop - Slatter & Sons, Northampton
- Of this and that including:
- Obituary: Ray Grimes - 1923-2017
- EMIAC 93 - Engineered in Northampton
- Winter Talks 2017/18
- Dates for the Diary
- And Finally