For index of back issues, click here.
A quarterly newsletter keeps members informed of events and news. Recent back issues of the Newsletter are available to read as PDF files.
Select the issue of interest from the list below to see its contents. Then follow the links to download the selected issue.
Note: file sizes are about 1 MByte and may take a few seconds to appear depending on your broadband speed.
Click on the year, then the required issue, from the list below.
Issue 141, Winter 2017
- Summer Walks and Visits of 2016 continued
- Wioodford Ironstone walk
- Rail Tour 2016
- Coppicing and Charcoal burning at Rawshaw Wood
- Blisworth Tunnel boat trip
- Kettering walk
- J. Sears & Co 'True Form' Boot and Shoe Factory
- Leatherworks set to open by summer of 2018
- The Vulcan works planning application now submitted
- Canal Consultation now launches - Daventry
- Northgate Bus Station, Northampton
- 1. Pollution in and around
- 2. Illegal levels of fumes began as the bus station opened
- Former Gas building to be council house office HQ
- Miscellany of Items of Interest:
- York Heritage Group hits out over tower plan
- Medieval wreck is saved for the nation
- London Transport Museum
- DNA reveals Crossrail skeletons were victims of London's 1665 plague
- Platform rediscovered on the Leicester & Swannington Railway
- Storms reveal hidden 2ft gauge railway
- County issues:
- Nameplate 'Pitsford' sells for £3,000
- Canal to get new lock gates
- Northampton Castle site - 1 and 2
- Of this and that including:
- 2016 AGM matters
- NIAG's website
- Winter programme and Dates for the diary
- Test your knowledge: A fun quiz
- And Finally:
- What's in a name
- Shock in a sack of potatoes